Saturday, April 01, 2017

A for Ambitious

I have always known I am a little ambitious. But, you know what the problem with me is? I take on very ambitious targets with interests that don't have immediate monetary gratifications, and then fizzle out in a few days or weeks or months (depending on the scale of the project) because there is so much work that I am already doing that has monetary value, and you know, where is the time? (What bullshit right).

This month is a bit different however. I am on leave taking care of a little someone who has no clue about who I am and doesn't really care whether I exist as long as she can get food on demand at the food station and a change of nappies at the diaper station. Definitely no monetary gratification this, but there is a sense of something else (which I will save for a different post in the series), that is super difficult to articulate. 

Which means, whatever I am doing currently is even more hectic than work, so this whole A to Z blogging challenge this year is that much more ambitious than my other hobbies.

Which is why, I have started scheduling a few posts in advance when I remember them so I do not default completely on the challenge. 

Also, not having a list doesn't help. So, in last year's challenge, I had to register on the A to Z blogging challenge website with my blog link, and there was someone monitoring my blog from time to time to ensure I wasn't fake participating, but really writing something every day. I think if I had defaulted for more than two days in a row, my name would have been off the list. That sword over the head really helped me get on with the challenge, as I am not one for failure. This year, they have decided to do away with the list :/ So, it is only upto me to pursue this ambition and take it to completion. Let's see if that happens. 

Meanwhile, if you are following this blog and you think goading me into reaching the goal is a good thing, drop me a comment so I keep at it and fulfil this ambitious task for this year!


P. S. This post is the first in the A-Z blogging challenge series for April. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, congratulations on new motherhood! In the light of that, this challenge definitely seems ambitious! :) But good luck with it, and I look forward to seeing the rest of your posts!

Kavity said...

Thank you :)