Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Am An Alliterations' Aficionado

I am suddenly consumed by an insatiable desire to alliterate (if I may say so). That’s why my previous post has quite an unnecessary title, Bleaky Black Bygones. It would have very well sufficed if I had named it ‘Bygones’ or ‘Looking Back’ or ‘Back to the Past’ or ‘Un – Reminiscences’. I considered ‘Bleaky Black Back’, another alliterative title but decided against it for it might convey other unintended meanings.

Anyway, I am digressing here. Getting back to my latest obsession, here are a few more I thought up:
Socialite’s Sabbatical – I had actually come up with the phrase Socialite on a sabbatical; tweaked it a bit for the alliterative allusion
Wow! That gives me my next one.
Alliterative Allusion – I am not sure whether this is actually alliteration, for Wikipedia defines alliteration as ‘the repeated occurrence of a consonant sound at the beginning of several words in the same phrase’
Lost Little Lamb – That was how I was, lost for words to alliterate, for some time after the previous one. Before anyone else points it out, I do accept that ‘little’ is a major force fit here
Glorified Garbage Giver – What I do day in and day out; thinking about it, I am a Glib Glorified Garbage Giver. Or, is it perhaps Glorified Glib Garbage Giver?
Humor Has Happiness Happening Here – Always!
Feverish Fancy For Friggin’ Fantasy Fiction – A friend of mine does have such a fancy

Initially, I thought that I should come up with alliterations for every letter in the English alphabet. Half way through the exercise, I realized that it is an over – ambitious project, just like my final year project in college. I dropped that idea and devised another one, to have increasing number of words in succeeding alliterations. If you notice above, I have started with two, moved to three, then five and then six. However, creating greater than six word alliterations is just beyond me.
So Song! Oops, So Long!

5 comments:

RK said...

Very Vetti Velakennai..

There's one more alliteration :D..
Any ways.. Its a good post ;) and what's a good post without a single comment.. so here goes..

Anonymous said...

Excellent Exquisite Elucidation extolling.. bah i give up.. but then u get the idea.. and fantasy fiction is never friggin.. its in fact fantabulistically fulsome :)

Kavity said...

@ RK: Thanks for a desi alliteration :)

@ Vinay: That reaction was expected from you on fantasy fiction. I guess Sidekick too would mirror your reactions

Arvind said...

Ok, beat this..

Mister Mokka Mohan Money Makes Money. Moreover,Metaphorically More Money Mostly Makes Much More Money. ...

PS: I'm supposed to be at work.. Sometimes I wonder, is sky the limit or is it me? Vettitanateke ore ellaye illama poche..

Kavity said...

@ Arvind:

That was a major tongue twister.. and no, I don't think I can come anywhere near it, forget beating it..
I wonder how I survive 'work' at times without internet 12 hours at a stretch!